First Steps to Starting a Food Products Business - 1/11/21
"Everyone tells me that my BBQ sauce should be sold worldwide, but I have no idea how to get started," writes a previous student.
Chef Arlene Coco, a long time food business owner, and culinary innovation strategist, will share what every entrepreneur wishes someone had told them at the beginning of their business venture. Here are some of the topics covered in this fast-paced virtual two-hour workshop. They will help you understand how to start a business before you start your journey and help guide you on how to create an original product and turn it into a moneymaker.
- Envisioning what type of business works best for you?
- Establishing a niche and market research to ensure a competitive advantage.
- Writing a business plan that will be a roadmap for your structure and help you find funding.
- Learning the responsibilities and regulatory requirements of the product you are producing.
- Recordkeeping, and good food safety and manufacturing practices.
A virtual tour of the Superior Business Center is included and a personal tour can be scheduled, if desired.
Chef Arlene Coco is a professional culinarian, instructor, consultant, and experienced manufacturer of packaged value-added food products. Those skills, combined with operating and marketing her successful catering business, position her to be a valuable resource for future entrepreneurs.
Registration is free and encouraged - https://cvent.me/OKQxdR
Fee: No Cost